Photos by Morgan Ione Yeager
"Just about everyone loves peanut butter and bananas so why not wrap them up and dip them in chocolate?"
INGREDIENTS: (makes 8)
2 bananas, sliced into 4 pieces (lengthways and then down the middle)
approx 6-8 tbsp peanut butter
1 2oz bar of chocolate (I used Hu Kitchen), broken up into pieces
4 rice paper wraps
- Gently cut the rice paper wraps in half and fill a large bowl with water.
- One by one, soak each wrap in the water for 10-15 seconds or until soft
- Lay the wraps on a flat surface and spread a little peanut butter in the middle of each (as much or as little as you like).
- Add a slice of banana and gently pull the short sides of the wrap into the middle then tuck one of the long sides in over them and roll tightly.
- Repeat for the other 7 wraps and set aside
- Bring about and inch of water to a boil in a small saucepan. Place the chocolate into a heatproof bowl and sit it on top of the boiling water until melted. Stirring occasionally to break up the chunks.
- Remove from the heat and transfer to a small dipping bowl.
- Serve immediately by dipping the rice wraps into the warm chocolate or after dipping them, transfer to the fridge for the chocolate to set and enjoy later.