Photos by Morgan Ione Yeager. Recipe featured on The Chalkboard Mag.
"Zucchinis are in abundance at this time of year and can be used in so many ways. Simply grilled on the BBQ with a little olive oil and salt, chopped up into a salad, spiralized into noodles or made into these delicious tarts. Enjoy!"
INGREDIENTS: (serves 4)
FOR THE BASE:
1.5 cups chickpea or almond flour
couple pinches sea salt
1 - 2 tbsp fresh thyme, finely diced, plus a few stems for garnish
1/4 cup olive oil
2+ tbsp water
FOR THE TOP:
2 large zucchinis, sliced
zest of 1-2 lemons (depends how lemony you like it) save the lemon to squeeze a little juice in too
1 cup+ fluffy ricotta
mix lemon juice and zest in with the ricotta and top with fresh thyme and zest
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C)
- Add the base ingredients to a large bowl and mix together until wet but still a little crumbly (not liquid)
- Pat into 1 large or 4 small tart tins and bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes or until they start to look slightly brown
- In a medium sized bowl mix the ricotta, lemon zest, a squeeze or 2 of lemon juice and a pinch of sea salt together. Taste test and adjust for your taste buds.
- Remove the tarts from the oven, add a dollop of ricotta onto each and arrange the zucchini slices on top (see pic above)
- Drizzle or brush a little olive oil over each tart, sprinkle a little sea salt, place a small stem of thyme on top and place back in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until the zucchini looks cooked.
- Serve warm with a dollop of ricotta and/or a squeeze of lemon juice and cracked pepper.