Gluten Free. Dairy Free.
Photos by Morgan Ione Yeager
"Frittatas aren't usually my thing but i decided to branch out a little recently and now both me and my husband are OBSESSED! Perfect for weekend brunching, this frittata feeds 2-4 and works well with a side of fresh greens and/or a green juice or smoothie. A great and filling way to start the day"
1 extra large potato, peeled and thinly sliced
2 tbsp veggie oil
2 medium-large shallots, diced
2 tbsp nut milk
handful fresh rosemary, finely chopped
handful fresh thyme, finely chopped
salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400F (200C)
- Heat the oil in the skillet over medium heat, add the shallot and potato and saute for about 5-10 minutes, until golden brown and the shallots are crispy
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, nut milk and chopped herbs. Season with salt and pepper
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet to join the potatoes. OPTION TO ADD goat cheese or ricotta here too.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 10 minutes or until cooked.
- Serve with fresh greens and cracked black pepper