Gluten Free. Dairy Free.
Photos by Heather Cox
"The key to making this super quick in the mornings is pre-cooking the quinoa so you're good to go. Then all you have to do is throw everything together and bake it while you're enjoying your morning coffee."
INGREDIENTS: (serves 2)
2 cups cooked quinoa
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
*option to add goats or parmesan cheese
*option to add avocado
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C)
- Throw all of the greens, lemon juice and olive oil into a food processor until smooth. Option to add nuts to the mix too to make it more of a pesto.
- Mix through the cooked quinoa and season with salt and pepper. If you are adding cheese and/or avocado, add it here.
- Spoon evenly into 2 mini cocottes or ramekins
- Crack an egg over each ramekin
- Bake in the oven for about 10-15 minutes. I like my egg to be quite cooked but if you like it runny, it's ready once the white part is cooked and will probably be closer to 10 minutes than 15.
- Serve hot with cracked pepper