Gluten free. Vegan
photos by Morgan Ione Yeager
"Sadly i can't take credit for this bread. My gorgeous friend Mim back in Oz posted it on instagram one day so i immediately requested the recipe and my life hasn't been the same since! It's a little bit of a labor of love from a time perspective but the actual making of the bread is super quick, it's just the cooking time that's a little long. I generally make mine up in the morning while i'm having brekkie and when i know i don't have anywhere to rush off to. Or in the afternoon while i'm preparing dinner and i know i'm in for the night. Either way, it is seriously worth it and i make it once a week now. Hubby loves to top it toasted with avocado and chilli, i love avocado, smoked salmon and lemon juice or even better is creamy ricotta, truffle honey and pink peppercorns. SO good!"
1.5 cups buckwheat groats
1 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup raw almonds
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
2 tbsp chia seeds
4 tbsp psyllium husks
1 tsp sea salt
1.5 tbsp brown rice syrup
3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1.5 cups water
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C) and line a bread tin with baking paper
- Throw all of the ingredients into a large bowl and mix together
- Transfer to your food processor for 10 seconds and then pour into the bread tin
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes then remove from the tin and bake directly on the oven rack for another 45
- Let cool and enjoy. I prefer mine a little toasted.
- Will store wrapped in the fridge for a week.