Gluten Free. Dairy free. Contains eggs.
photos by Heather Cox
"Spring is finally in the air in NYC and i. am. loving it! A few weekends ago my hubby and i were at The Treehouse and decided to light up the fire pit and enjoy the first night that we could actually sit outside. Of course one needs a glass of wine and a pizza by the fire though. So this deliciousness was born! It's totally gluten and dairy free but i do think that creme fraiche would make a killer addition to this, in place of the pesto. Either way, paired with a glass of wine and a hot summers night, you can't go wrong!"
FOR THE BASE:
2 cups cooked quinoa
FOR THE PESTO:
2-3 large handfuls arugula/rocket
handful pine nuts
juice of 1-2 lemons (depending how lemony you like it)
about 1/4 cup olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
FOR THE TOPPING:
1 small pkt smoked salmon
handful red onion, sliced thinly
1/2 avocado, sliced
handful rocket to garnish
few squeezes lemon juice to finish
- Preheat over to 400F (200C) and line a baking tray with paper
- Mix the quinoa and egg together in a bowl, seasoning with a little salt and pepper
- Spread evenly onto the baking tray in whatever "pizza" shape you desire
- Bake in the oven for about 10-15 minutes or until it looks like it is hard and won't fall apart
- FOR THE PESTO: Throw all of the ingredients into a food processor until smooth. Adjusting the flavors to your taste buds and adding more oil if you think it needs it.
- When the pizza is ready, top with pesto, avocado, salmon, capers and onion and return to the oven for another 5-10 minutes
- When ready, throw a little rocket on, squeeze with a little lemon juice, crack some pepper, serve with your favorite glass of wine and enjoy!
- *OPTION to add fresh herbs or nutritional yeast to the base.