Gluten free. Dairy free. Contains eggs.
Recipe featured on The Chalkboard Mag | Photos by Morgan Ione Yeager
"There is a restaurant in Sydney that used to serve chocolate pizza. It wasn't in the slightest bit healthy but it was absolutely delicious and (i won't lie), i indulged in quite a few times! I had totally forgotten about it until recently so i set about making a healthier version.
2 cups cooked quinoa
2 bananas, the riper the better
1 cup raw hazelnuts
1 dairy free chocolate bar (I used hu kitchen 2.1 oz simple chocolate bar)
fresh banana, apple, pear slices
TO MAKE THE NUTELLA
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C)
- Spread the hazelnuts evenly onto a baking tray and roast in the oven for about 10 mins (you can also toast the nuts in a dry fry pan if you prefer)
- Let cool and then place the hazelnuts in the middle of a (clean!) tea towel, folding the edges up to make sure they can't escape
- Slowly rub the tea towel with your hands so the outer layer/skin of the nuts come off. It's pretty messy, thus the need to contain in a tea towel!
- Transfer the nuts (minus the skin) to a food processor and blend until the oil of the nuts starts coming out and it gets smooth. It could be anywhere from 5-10 minutes, depending on your processor.
- While this is happening, melt the chocolate by boiling a large pot of water on the stove and placing the same size bowl with the chocolate on top of it. This should only take a few minutes.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the blender and blend until combined.
TO MAKE THE BASE
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C) and line a small baking tray with baking paper
- Combine the cooked quinoa, mashed banana and egg in a bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Spread evenly onto the baking tray in the desired "pizza" shape and cook in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Spread the Nutella mixture onto the base. Top with sliced banana and enjoy!