Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan
photos by Morgan Ione Yeager
OPTION 1: MY WAY!: WITH HONEY, CHILI + LIME BUTTER
"I had this at ABC Kitchen recently and i set out to make a healthy version (ie: without dairy) but lets' face it, we all need a little butter in our lives sometimes! Just make sure when you are buying butter that it is grass fed and organic as the other stuff can be full of nasty hormones and chemicals. If you are 100% vegan then try using a little olive oil in place of the butter and leave out the honey. Either way, it's delicious!"
coconut oil (for baking)
FOR THE BUTTER: (serves 6-8 )
4 oz butter
red chilli (up to you how hot you like it!)
juice and zest of 1 lime
1/4 cup cilantro, roughly diced
1 scallion, chopped
2 tbsp+ honey
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Wash the sweet potato and brush or drizzle with coconut oil. Piercing a few times with a fork.
- Bake on a baking tray in the oven for 45-1hr or until soft.
- While this is happening, throw the room temperature butter into a bowl and "mush" with a fork or your hands. (I find hands much easier. You could also throw it quickly through a food processor but don't blend for too long!)
- Mix the rest of the ingredients through and wrap up in a piece of foil like a stick of butter, saving any leftover liquid in a bowl.
- Place in the fridge to set.
- When the potato is ready serve with a big slab of the butter and cracked pepper.
Try a combo of macadamia butter, avocado, beetroot and sauteed kale courtesy of INFUSI
OR coconut braised chickpeas and spinach courtesy of KEVIN MASSE
OR simply lather it in homemade guacamole with tonnes of lime juice courtesy of ERICA G.