a niçoise salad and a glass of rosé. nothing makes me happier!
Dairy free, Pescetarian
recipe featured on Body + Soul | photos by Morgan Ione Yeager
"This salad is my all time salad of salads. It will always remind me of sitting by the ocean in the south of France with a glass of rose in hand, basking in the sun and appreciating how incredibly good life is... A celebration of all things summer and happiness..."
INGREDIENTS: (serves 2)
1 piece of tuna steak (about 1 pound) or you can cheat and use tinned tuna but it's not quite the same to me
2- 4 eggs, hard boiled, peeled and sliced in half
big handful green beans, ends cut off. You can add these raw or blanch them if desired
2 big handfuls small potatoes, boiled and sliced in half
handful kalamata olives, pitted
1 - 2 tomatoes of choice, sliced (i used heirlooms)
1 tbsp + olive oil
1 tbsp + lemon juice
salt and pepper
4 anchovies- optional
FOR THE DRESSING:
1/4 cup olive oil
pinch sea salt + pepper
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 shallot, minced
1 tbsp dijon mustard
- Marinade the tuna in the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper for 5-10 minutes.
- Make the dressing either by throwing all of the ingredients into a jar with a lid and shaking until mixed or whisk together in a bowl.
- In a pan or on the BBQ sear both sides of the tuna over medium heat without cooking it all the way through. Set aside to cool. When ready, slice very thinly.
- Arrange the rest of the ingredients on a plate and top with the tuna.
- Drizzle with dressing and enjoy with a nice cold glass of rose!