carrot, ginger and lime soup with radish, apple and cilantro
Gluten free, Vegan
recipe featured on Mind Body Green | photos by Morgan Ione Yeager
"I love this soup as it is incredibly quick and easy to make and is delicious served both hot or cold. Hot in the winter with a few slices of warm sourdough toast drizzled in butter or olive oil or cold in the Summer as a starter or light lunch. You could add a little coconut cream or full fat Greek yogurt to the mix for an even fuller meal or homemade croutons for a bit of crunch. Whichever way you choose to enjoy it, it's delicious! Don't forget that soup is one the easiest things to make a bunch up of too. You can keep it in the freezer for those lazy nights when you don't feel like cooking..."
INGREDIENTS: (serves 4)
2 large bunches of carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
1 brown onion, roughly diced
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup fresh minced ginger
4 cups veg stock
salt and pepper
juice of 1 lime
optional pinch of cayenne pepper
1 avocado, diced
4-6 radishes, diced
1 apple, cored and diced
- Heat oil in a medium sized saucepan.
- Add onions and ginger and sauté until soft (about 3-5 minutes).
- Add carrots, vegetable stock, lime and cayenne and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 10 minutes then turn off heat and let sit to steam for 10 minutes with the lid on.
- Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth. Taste testing and adding whatever you think it needs to suit your taste buds. maybe more lime or cayenne.
- Transfer back to the pot and heat up to serve.
- Serve with avocado, radish, apple, cilantro, cracked black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.